3.31.2008

Worried

I'm worried about my computer. I know for many people in this world there are much larger things in this world to be worried about. . . . . but as I've mentioned before I have SO many photos (like 6000) on my computer. I would be so sad if I lost them. I am feeling like an idiot because I didn't back them up on a hard drive. I try to be computer saavy and in many ways I am. . . . . but when it comes to organizing my photos or even knowing how to pick out a hard drive I am not so smart.

What's a not so techno saavy gal to do?

4 comments:

Marika said...

Oh, I hope you don't lose your pictures! I had backed up my pictures on a flash drive, but my computer crashed so badly that it also fried my flash drive before I realized it. I lost a ton of pictures and still feel sick to my stomach when I think about it! :(

hillary said...

I tried a flash drive but of course couldn't figure it out:( I guess this is an unfortunate common problem. How horrible that you lost so many pictures. . . . what ended up happening with your computer?

Chark said...

Hillary - right before I had Just, my work computer crashed (Blue screened), while I was worried about losing all my work data, I was most worried about losing my address list for Birth Announcements.
After about 6 months of baby pictures we decided we needed to back up the "important" files, so went to Costco and bought an external hard drive- just plug it in and move the files over. You'll sleep SO much better.

Marika said...

Hillary,
My old computer is sitting, untouched, in our entertainment center. Truth be told, I'm a little scared to get too close... maybe it could wipe out my memories as well??? :)