2.04.2008

Play Dough

I've been meaning to make play dough for a long time. I tried before Christmas, but the recipe I tried didn't work, and it used a lot of ingredients. Last week I tried a new recipe from teachnet.com and was very happy with it! Juniper plays with it at least twice a day. (Not quite sure why it is called "Earth Friendly", but makes me feel good about making it!)

Earth Friendly Play Dough
1 cup flour (not self-rising)
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1-1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Mix in saucepan over low heat. (It does not have to heat long.) Dough is ready when it rolls into a ball. Keep dough fresh in an airtight container. If you need to make different colors, add food coloring while mixing over heat.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

For some reason I've found a recipe like this to be my most successful play-dough as well. It must be the cream of tartar or something. I need to make some - Isaac especially wants to play with play-dough all the time!

Anonymous said...

When you were little, I always made play-dough from the More With Less cookbook. Seems like a similar recipe, but I haven't looked at it lately. :) Mom

hillary said...

Thanks, Mom and Sis. I am going to check out the recipe in the More With Less cookbook. . . . .

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Hillary. I've missed hearing what you're up to.
Heather