4.06.2008

I'm a sucker

for many things. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am a product fanatic. I have to admit that I am not always as educated as I should be about these products, and I often fall victim to their claims of being "natural" or "organic". My sister-in-law, Sasha, informed me that the Method brand (which I prefer to use over traditional cleaning products) isn't that great. . . . that it has some substance (I can't remember for sure, but I'm thinking dimethicone? - Sasha fill me in here) that is really rather harmful. I try to avoid certain things when buying certain products (like Sodium Laurel Sulfate in shampoos for example) but don't always steer clear of the harmful stuff. I am going to research this a little bit and get back to you. If you have any information on what to watch out for in "natural" cleaning or beauty products, let me know. I'd love to hear about it!!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Bummer! I love method brand too! Glad you are researching for us! xo

Sasha said...

The Organic Consumers Association just produced a report last month on natural and organic products that contained Dioxine-4, which is a carcinogen. I will email you both the report which contains a list. I found it interesting that Clorax cleaners were found NOT to contain any harmful agents! Homemade products are easy to make and so much cheaper. I'll see if I can dig up some recipes for you, but cleaning with lemon juice is my favorite.